Whether you're new to non-bulk hazardous materials hauling or it's time to renew your hazardous materials training, MTA is here to help!
Most trucking companies haul a non-bulk hazardous material, either daily or once in a while. If you store it, load it, drive it, touch it or simply handle the paperwork, you must be HazMat trained. U.S. Department of Transportation 49 CFR §174.704 requires that hazardous materials training must occur within 90 days of hire AND every three (3) years thereafter.
Best practices and regulatory compliance are the core of this program. This class fulfills the four required areas of USDOT non-bulk HazMat training: general awareness, safety training, function specific training and security awareness.
Discussion will focus on:
- Understanding the 49 Code of Federal Regulations
- Using the Hazardous Materials Table correctly
- Locating reference numbers in the Hazardous Materials Regulations
- Understanding everyone's responsibilities and roles when moving hazardous materials
- Implementing safety protocols and properly respond to hazardous materials incidents
Attendees will receive:
- Current Hazardous Materials Compliance Pocketbook with HM Table
- Certificate of Training to verify participation for audit and USDOT bookkeeping requirements
Presented live via Zoom, the webinar link and pocketbook will be mailed before the presentation.
Hurry! Registration is open through Friday, October 9.