Hey there!

The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, and businesses are finally beginning to open again which means there's a lot happening here at Beth Blaney & Associates. We know it's been a strange few months and small businesses especially have had a rough road to navigate, but we're quickly approaching mid year and that means it's time a check in.

A few things to add to your checklist:

  • 2019 Tax returns are due July 15th.

  • Q1 and Q2 estimated tax payments are due July 15th. Click here for more information.

  • Get the ball rolling on mid-year financial reports. Schedule a consultation with us so we can take a look at your books.

If your business is ready to start crossing these items off your to-do list, first give yourself a round of applause for hanging in there through one of the more challenging times in history! COVID-19 has put a hard stop on many businesses, while others had to pivot and some just got busier than they were ready for. It affected us all differently and I'm excited to see how everyone really made the most of a tough situation.
Regardless of how you were affected, it's a good time of year to give us a call to make sure your books are in order as you move forward. We know you've heard it before, but we small biz bosses really are all in this together.

Enjoy that summer weather,
P.S. Share your secret weapon to running a smooth, successful business with your friends and family by having them book a strategy call !
Beth's Blog Series
Tips for Financial Success


Keep your personal and business accounts separate – don't commingle!

What is commingling?

Commingling means mixing personal and business funds, and it can take various forms. Maybe you're using one bank account for both personal and business expenses. Or you have multiple bank accounts and credit cards, and you are interchangeably charging business and personal expenses to those various accounts.

Either way, you're commingling. Stop doing that right this minute!



Important Updates

PPP - Don't Forget to Pay Yourself!

In regards to the Payroll Protection Plan loans, The Small Business Administration states that "at least 60% of the forgiven amount must have been used for payroll."

A few things to note about this:

  • In order to have your loan forgiven, you as the owner must remember to pay YOURSELF as well, either through a paycheck or owner's draw depending on your entity type.

  • The 60% minimum has changed from the original guidelines. The requirement used to be that 75% had to be used toward payroll, but this has now changed to only 60%. That leaves you free to spend up to 40% of your loan on (certain) other expenses and and take 24 weeks (instead of the original 8) to use the funds.


Small Biz Spotlight

Weatherby Media

How many of my fellow small business owners want a kick butt online presence but have absolutely NO idea where to begin?


Well, this was me and that's why I hired Weatherby Media! Jaime Weatherby and her team do it all - from building websites from the ground up to managing your social accounts, sending email newsletters and writing blogs -Weatherby Media is a one stop digital marketing shop.


And besides being just plain awesome at what she does, Jaime actually understands and can relate to her clients because she too started as a solopreneur.

Visit her website to see a complete list of services.
Beth's Favorite Things
As a busy small business owner, keeping track of a million and one tasks each day can be overwhelming. Enter Trello . It's like the ultimate digital day planner/bulletin board/to-do list all in one place. I simply create my boards and drag and drop cards to easily see what has been completed and what I still need to plan for. To say this tool has saved my sanity would be understatement.
At Beth Blaney & Associates our top concern is providing small businesses and solopreneurs freedom from the number-crunching and office work that pulls them from their fields of expertise. We relieve our clients of the demands of running an office so that they can find freedom to focus on what they love to do. We alleviate the stress and chaos that can accompany bookkeeping and office tasks. We also keep up with new regulations so you don't have to!

Email: beth@bethblaney.com
Phone: 978.300.BETH