TAPA Midterm Exams Expectations
for Distance Learning 2021
We’re excited to share that this year’s midterm exam schedule is intertwined with the arts auditions! This year’s schedule is also designed to try and accommodate the uniqueness of virtual learning and the challenges that presents for students at different grade levels.
Grades 9-12: Your exams will be posted on Tuesday 2/2 and will all be due before midnight on Friday 2/5
- Each day of the week you will have one hour of open office time for 2 subjects.
**All students must log in to at least 1 of the 2 open office hours scheduled for that day to check in with the teacher**
- You can (and should) stop into both office hours, but attending at least 1 is mandatory
- These office hours are the time to ask for clarification on a question, get alternative examples, or generally get some support on the exam.
- Besides the one hour of office hours open to the grade level, there is also work time built into the schedule to get your exams done. You can reach out to a teacher to see when they are available during these times for any one-on-one support you might need.
- All exams must be turned in no later than 11:59 pm on Friday, February 5th
**All students are expected to be present at auditions after the midterm exam schedule as part of their exam grades for their art majors.**
Grades 7 & 8: You will have 1 hour-long exam for each of your academic classes
- Each day of the week you will have 2 one-hour-long synchronous subject exams. That means
- You have to be logged in to the google meet for the class you have scheduled at that time each day of exams.
- You’re expected to be working on your exam throughout the one hour of synchronous time
- Your teacher is there to help you so feel free to ask clarifying questions or for the support you may need during that time
- Most exams will be due at the end of the one hour period but ask your teacher about their specific policy for extensions
**All students are expected to be present at auditions after the midterm exam schedule each day**
**Students who miss an exam with an unexcused absence are graded accordingly and receive a 0. A student with an excused absence can communicate with the teacher about the best flex time block to make up their exam**