On October 16, 2019 the Red Cliff Community Health Center received the “Cancer Control Champion Award”. This award was given by the Wisconsin Cancer Council for “exemplary leadership and commitment to cancer control in Wisconsin.
Cancer is a devastating disease that affects many of our community members. The Health Center is constantly striving to find ways to combat the disease through awareness, education and early detection. Below are several cancer related activities the health center is currently involved in:
• Cancer Support Group – meets monthly on third Thursday
• Pink Shawl Group – raises awareness at Pow Wows and other events
• Colorectal Cancer Screening Project: utilizes FIT test to increase screening and early detection. Patients returning FIT tests are eligible for $10 gift certificate.
• Digital storytelling – personal stories of survivorship and care giving
• Mobile Mammography: mobile mammogram unit is scheduled monthly
• Cancer reporting – the center is working to improve reporting of tribal affiliation for cancer diagnosis through the WI Cancer Reporting System.
To schedule cancer screening or to learn more about the activities, please call (715) 779-3707.