WISHING YOU ALL A WONDERFUL HOLIDAY SEASON.
A time to eat well, drink, and share good times. Enjoy!
DECEMBER 1- the transiting Sun is in 10 Sagittarius, a mutable, fire sign. Sagittarius natives are explorers, freedom loving, optimistic and funny.
The sun changes sign on December 21, when it moves into an earth sign - Capricorn. One big change during this month is the movement of Saturn from Sagittarius where it has been for the last 2 and a half years. Saturn the planet of lessons has been difficult for Gemini, Virgo and Pisces, as well as Sagittarius. That ends on December 19. So many hip transplants in the last few years. Sagittarius rules hips.
Dec 3 - Mercury R 28 Sag
Dec 3 - Full Moon 11 Gemini
Dec 13 - Hannukah
Dec 18 - New Moon 26 Sag
Dec 18 - Saturn moves into Capricorn
Dec 21 - Winter Solstice
Dec 21 - Sun moves into Capricorn
Dec 25 - Christmas
Dec 26 - Kwanzaa
The winter solstice, in the northern hemisphere, the sun reaches its lowest point on December 21st. Following that the days start to get longer.
Mercury is retrograde in December from the 3rd to the 21st. It joins with Saturn in Sag aspects. So SLOW DOWN! This Mercury retrograde period is best used as a time for inner reflection. Not a good time for making new decisions or new business plans. Ask yourself: Where am I heading in my life at this particular juncture? Move forward with new plans only after Mercury has gone direct, and best to wait a couple of weeks after, when Mercury has left its shadow.
MIND BODY WISDOM TO REDUCE HOLIDAY STRESS
1. Control your time. Keep schedules simple.
2. Find leisure time to relax to achieve balance. Leisure does not happen, we have to create it.
3. Experience in the moment. When focused in the present we forget future worry and past guilt.
4. Concentrate and focus on one task at a time.
5. Set priorities. Life is about making good choices. Determine what is most important, at any given time.
Slow down, breathe, prioritize activities
Have a relaxing and happy holiday season
BODY: 10 NUTRITIONAL IDEAS FOR THE HOLIDAYS
1. Take time to shop and read labels.
2. Buy whole, unprocessed foods. Avoid refined grains and partially hydrogenated trans - fats, lurking in commercial bakery products.
3. Buy organic when you can, ORGANICS are NOT exposed to herbicides and pesticides, they taste better and have more vitamins and minerals.
4. Lessen the amounts of sugar, and FAKE sweeteners. No one gets thin from Equal, Sweet and Low, or Splenda and they may cause side effects.
5. Stay away from fried foods - they suck up more fat than you need.
6. You do not have to clean your plate. Don't stuff yourself. You will not starve.
7. Eat relaxed - don't rush. It helps your digestion to eat slowly and enjoy.
8. Eat when hungry, not when emotionally upset. Stress causes poor digestion.
9. Plan food, and meals. If you let yourself get hungry - you may grab anything.
10. Food is an enjoyment of life. Honor good food as nourishment, energy, vitality, and special fuel to keep you healthy.
SPIRIT, HOLIDAYS, AND LIGHT
The holidays are festivals of light.
Rejoice with the holidays celebrating light and being light.
The sun is at the lowest point on December 21, during the Solstice. At this time we create and bathe in our own "light", our soul essence, until the sun gets brighter and the days get longer.
At this time of year we go inward, hibernate like a bear, and meditate. This allows us to have the time without distractions to create future plans for 2018 and to lighten up. Next year will different and better year for many.
A reminder about light. Light is knowledge and wisdom not just physical light.
The word "enlightenment" is the ability to transcend the norm to become more evolved and connected with spirit, which is the lightest and wisest part of us.
SOUL COACHING by Phone Available NOW! Call LAURA at 978-777-9911
Sessions are $100 per hour or $60 per half hour for phone consults.
OFFICE HOURS by Appointment Only
Thursdays, Sundays - Comeau Health; 194 North Street, Danvers, MA 01923
PayPal Secure Payments Online - Major credit cards accepted.
WEIGHT LOSS COACHING - BCBS Insurance copay or $100/hr
o browse past Newsletters, click