CNC will be hosting its Annual Boat Cruise aboard the Anita Dee II! If you're interested in an afternoon of relaxing and an opportunity to build great new relationships, the ICNC Boat Cruise is where you'll want to be. The cruise experience will include an open bar and refreshments.
Last year's event SOLD OUT! Take advantage of earlybird pricing until May 10th.
*If you are an ICNC tenant or member, please contact
Are you ready to hire staff but lack the time to screen resumes? Our workforce development department can assist you! We provide quality and streamlined services that connect a skilled and qualified workforce with employment, as well as a variety of labor market services to meet the needs of your business. Learn more.
- On May 9th from 2:00 - 4:00 PM, the Chicago Jobs Councilwill host Employer Engagement with Candidates with Criminal Backgrounds at ICNC to discuss solutions and strategies for employing individuals with criminal records. It can often be challenging to find and hire job seekers. A happy hour at Rhine Hall Distillerywill follow. Register here!
- "I ask the question once: 'Does your background affect your ability to do your job?' And that's the end of it," says Jonathan Miller, owner of former Make City companyElement Bars.
Read more about a solution to labor shortages in Crain's here.
- Urban Autism Solutions is seeking small businesses to offer employment opportunities to ready-to-work candidates. For more information, contactinfo@UrbanAutismSolutions.com.
- The City of Chicago's
minimum wage will increase to $12 an hour starting July 1st. The raise is part of the city's planned phase-in process from 2015 to 2019. See more details here.
- Your business can receive money back for Chicago residents for full-time positions! For more information, contact Hannah Jones.
City to Host Planning Meeting for Kinzie Industrial Corridor at ICNC
- Andy Bizub, an ICNC Board Member, of Midwest Performance Carsand Snap36, who are both ICNC Member companies, have teamed up! MPC's Porsche 911 project car was featured at Snap36's grand opening party to shoot on their new, full-size turntable to produce a one-on-a-kind, spinnable image of the car. Read more about it here.
- Two owners of Make City companies, Shannon Griffith of Green Diaper Babies and Joe Weidman of 1-800-Junk-Relief.com, recently traveled to Washington D.C. for the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Alumni Conference. Read about what they learned and advice they received here.