RMRTD Board Adopts Long-Term Strategic Vision
At its November Board Meeting, the RMRTD Board of Directors unanimously adopted the RTD Long-Term Strategic Vision. The document includes a bold, forward-thinking, consensus vision and establishes that the RMRTD will "provide safe, accessible, efficient, and innovative transportation services for the benefit of our diverse local communities and the regional economy." The Vision was developed over the past year with ongoing involvement of the Board, ABQ Ride, and other regional transit stakeholders.
The following six core themes are included in the plan and will help guide future RMRTD activities to help achieve the mission.
- Exceptional Customer Experience - Our customers come first in all we do
- Transformative Regional Services - We provide a range of services to meet our region's diverse needs
- Strong Transit-Centered Communities - Our services help shape our communities for the better
- Sound Financial Stewardship - We are good stewards of the public resources entrusted to us
- Innovative Programs and Partnerships - We think outside the box and seek collaboration always
- Industry-Leading Knowledge and Practice - Our people take pride in leading the region forward
Based on the Vision Framework developed and vetted by the Rio Metro Board members and key stakeholders, Rio Metro technical staff developed a list of potential Implementation Tactics to achieve the vision. In total, there are 60 potential Implementation Tactics that could be pursued over the next 20 years. To help provide focus to near-term implementation efforts, 26 Priority Implementation Tactics that could be pursued as immediate next steps in the next five years were identified.
More than 100 public-sector and private-sector stakeholders representing the diverse constituencies in our region participated in the development of the Vision. The final document reflects the comments received through public meetings, board member and stakeholder review, and submitted electronically in the September 2015 public comment and review period.