Special Note for Donors
United Way Blackhawk Region wants donors to be aware of a
$300 "non-itemizer" deduction
for 2020 included in the federal CARES Act signed into law on March 27, 2020. Here are some details of this $300 Universal Charitable Deduction:
• Effective as of March 27, 2020 and will apply to donations made for all of 2020.
• Only for people who do not itemize their taxes.
• Donors who itemize their taxes are eligible for the existing charitable deduction.
• Only for financial donations (not in kind or materials).
• Can be used by the charity for any purpose (not limited to COVID-19 relief efforts).