Greetings, Momentum Family!
See below for club-wide updates. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to let us know. A few notes for things we are currently working on:
- Momentum/Revolution Spiritwear Store - We hope to get this online in the next few days.
- Hotel Room Blocks - We will have room blocks for all travel events. These will be sent out to each individual team.
- Team Contact Info Sheets - We will send these out as soon as all teams are finalized so that car pools, etc. can be set up.
- Team Meetings - These will be scheduled in November/December. Stay tuned for more information from your coaches.
- Website Updates - We are in the process of uploading our practice and tournament schedules to the website/mobile app. We hope to have this completed by the end of the week.
- Mental Toughness - This schedule is also still being finalized. As a reminder, these sessions will run by Jessica Gregory who holds her Master's Degree in this subject.
As always, let me know if you have any questions or comments.
Credit Card Payment Link
If you are paying with Credit Card, please follow the attached link, select your payment plan, and enter your credit card information. As a reminder, there will be a nominal fee associated with each transaction.
If you are paying via checks, please submit those to your coach in a sealed envelope at your next practice.
Please RSVP by 5:00 p.m. tomorrow, Thursday, November 8 if you'd like to attend the Northwestern vs. Penn State on Friday, November 9. Below are logistics:
- 6:30-7:00 p.m. Drop off your athlete at Welsh-Ryan Arena (2705 Ashland Ave, Evanston, IL 60208)
- Momentum staff will be immediately inside the main entrance with tickets and an RSVP list
- Once athletes have their tickets, Momentum staff will direct them to the section the club will be sitting in
- The match will likely end between 8:30-9:00 p.m., at which point athletes will need to be picked up at the same location from which they were dropped off
Thanks and we look forward to the match!
Gold Medal Squared Training
As we roll out Gold Medal Squared program wide, I wanted to share with you some of the videos that our coaches are reviewing as they instruct your athletes.
Jump Float Serving:
If you have any questions about the training, don't hesitate to reach out to Director of Coaches, Tanner Morris.
High School High Performance/Revolution Setter Training Reminder
As a friendly reminder, every Monday there is MANDATORY setter training for all Revolution and high school High Performance teams from 7:00-7:30 p.m. at the Highland Park Rec Center. If 14 High Performance setters would like to attend, they are more than welcome but it is not mandatory.
High Performance Positional Training Reminder
Below is a breakdown of the MANDATORY High Performance positional training opportunities between now and the shift to Joy of the Game. Setters should plan to attend each. As a reminder, these take place every Tuesday from 7:00-7:30 p.m. at the Highland Park Rec Center. Please note - if you play the position listed, it is mandatory you attend. ALL are welcome.
- November 13: Middles and Opposites
- November 20: Outsides
- November 27: Defensive Specialists
- December 4: Middles and Opposites
- December 11: Outsides
- December 18: Defensive Specialists
- January 8: Middles and Opposites
- January 15: Outsides
- January 22: Defensive Specialists
- January 29: Middles and Opposites
- February 5: Outsides
- February 12: Defensive Specialist