Monica presentation at the Society Meeting
We are excited to share with you the proposed new name, mission and vision! The updated bylaws, constitution and policies will be available in print form at the society meeting. Listed below are the main changes to the bylaws, constitution and policies.
New Name: Tiger PAWS (Parents and Advocates Willing to Serve)
New Mission: Tiger PAWS builds the OCCS community through prayer, service and financial support.
New Vision: Tiger PAWS vision is to provide prayer, service opportunities, and financial support for our school because of our commitment to Christian education.
The updates to the bylaws, constitution and policies include:
- New name, mission and vision if passed
- Updated 3-year term length for all committee terms (throughout document)
- Make-up of the board clarification (“Constitution, Article V - Officers, C” - “at least one board member should be from the Partner Society”)
- Board liaison information (“Bylaws, Article III - Committees and Work Groups”)
- Addition of a board task of performing a survey every 5 years to get feedback from members, including fundraiser feedback. Fundraisers need to meet at least 3 of 5 criteria (“Policies, I. G.”)
- Community (OCCS community) aspect
- Number of hours of prep required
- How much money and time input vs output
- Evaluate response in 5 year survey
- Service (outside OCCS) aspect
- Update committee “assignment” (“Policies, II. F.”) - rather than sending a letter informing of committee assignment, the board liaison for each committee will contact names suggested by the board either in person or via telephone to talk with them about the committee and ask if they will prayerfully consider serving in that role.
Both the Monica board and the OCCS board have approved all four items. We will be presenting more details on the changes at the Society Meeting which is scheduled for Monday, September 21 at 7:00 p.m. at OCCS. Those in attendance at the society meeting will be voting on those four ballot items. No absentee ballots will be allowed as requested by the OCCS board. A two-thirds vote in favor is needed to pass each ballot item.
We look forward to seeing you on the 21st as we share the proposed changes that come as a direct result of your valuable input we received from the survey given last year.
The Monica Board