Five outstanding projects and their creators, as well as a dedicated lifelong advocate of open space preservation, were honored at the 2023 Montgomery Awards celebration last month.
Held in the Schultz Community Center of Meadowood Senior Living in Lansdale, this annual program, sponsored by the Montgomery County Planning Commission, recognizes the best in planning and design, advocacy, and environmental stewardship in Montgomery County and acknowledges the high-quality work and commitment of communities, organizations, and professionals.
The five projects receiving 2023 awards were:
- Park to Perkiomen Trail Connector in Upper Salford Township
- PV Woods – Lenape Arboretum & Muhlenberg Woods in Perkiomen Township and Lower Frederick Township
- SORA West in Conshohocken Borough
- The Reserve at Maybrook in Lower Merion Township
- Jacob Reiff Park Stream & Floodplain Restoration in Lower Salford Township
In addition to these outstanding projects, Philip A. Smith, a lifelong advocate of open space, trails, and historic preservation, received a 2023 Planning Advocate Award.
Each year, the Montgomery Awards honor those who go above and beyond to enhance our county. This year’s winners demonstrate how vision and collaboration result in exceptional places in Montgomery County.