The trillions of microbes in our gut play a huge influence on our immunity, metabolism, mood, weight, inflammation, and more. Whole health begins in the gut, and when we start a health journey, we must not overlook caring for our gut. Adding in probiotics through a food-first approach is a step in the right direction. The bacteria in probiotics can help create a balanced ecosystem so the gut bugs can thrive and do their jobs to optimize our health.
Five ways to add in probiotics daily:
- Add kimchi to your sandwich
- Use fermented kefir yogurt in your smoothie
- Ask for a side of miso soup with your sushi
- Stir fry vegetables with tempeh
- Swap out soda for kombucha
Incorporating various lifestyle behaviors can also support our gut health. These behaviors include managing our stress levels, reducing our alcohol consumption, prioritizing sleep, and exercising.