Circulation Supervisor Retires
Long-time Circulation Supervisor, Karen Mafera, retired in early September. She worked at SPL for 24 years and, prior to coming here, at Weymouth Public Library for 18 years. Karen will be missed by all, including the SPL staff and the many patrons with whom she connected with over the years - especially her Library on Wheels patrons.
Some of Karen's duties have been temporarily re-assigned pending the hiring of a new Circulation Supervisor.
- Library on Wheels - Kaitlin (Circulation Dept.- ext. 1420)
- Interlibrary Loan - Susan (Adult Services Dept.- ext. 1422)
New Curbside Pickup Procedure
Effective October 1st, curbside reservations were moved from our Eventkeeper Calendar to an online form on the Library's website. Visit the Curbside Pickup page on our website for more information.
Library Text Notifications
Did you know that you can receive text notifications about your Library account? Text alerts are available for: holds, items available for renewal (coming due or overdue), and bills.
It's easy to set up your account to receive these notifications by text rather than email:
- Log in using your library card number and PIN (the default is OCLN if you've not changed it)
- Go to My Account / Preferences
- Enter your mobile phone number where indicated
- Select your mobile phone carrier where indicated
- Click "Update"
You may also contact the Circulation Department (781-784-1578 ext. 1420) to add text notifications to your account.