Dear Assumption Parents and Families,
On Saturday, we shared with you some of the many resources that remain available to students during this period of remote learning. Today, we share with you additional resources as well as
suggestions on how parents and families
can best support their sons or daughters during this time.
- Health Services continues to provide wellness support to students while they are completing their semester remotely. In the event that your son or daughter has a medical need or question, he/she can utilize the secure messaging feature in the Wellness Portal, where they should message either Lisa Boucher or Susan Marcoulier. Students can also call the Health Services office at 508.767.7329, at which they will be prompted to leave a voicemail. A member of the Health Services team will return the call shortly within the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Students can access the Wellness Portal at any time.
- To log in, students must use the first half of their Assumption email address (i.e. pierre.hound) and the same password used to access email and Assumption Student Portal.
- Once logged in, students can click on the “Messages” tab, “Compose New”. From there, students should select “Medical Clinic” and either “Lisa Boucher” or “Susan Marcoulier”.
- Once the message is entered in the “Message” box, students should click “Submit”.
Campus Ministry also continues to offer a number of programs that are popular with students. They include:
- Daily and weekend live-streaming of Masses from the Chapel of the Holy Spirit
- Charismatic Praise via Zoom every other Tuesday
- Men's Vocation Group and Peer Ministry gatherings via Zoom
- "A Life That Matters" e-newsletter with a brief reflection for students and links to resources for prayer, reflection, and action
- Pastoral Care: Outreach to individual students for spiritual direction, pastoral counseling, sympathy/grief support following death of a family member/friend
Students may contact
Deacon Paul Covino
for Zoom links or to be added to the newsletter list.
Cross Cultural Center
- Cross Cultural Center staff are available for virtual drop-in calls with students in need of assistance and support. Office hours are:
- Anthony Santiago: Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. via Zoom.
- Judy Heersink: Fridays 9 to 10 a.m. via Zoom and 1 to 2 p.m. also via Zoom.
- Students are also invited to join the ALANA Network for weekly Zoom meetings every Thursday at 6:30 p.m. here.
- ALANA Executive Board elections will be held on April 23.
Campus Activities Board Programming & Yearbook
- Campus Activities Board (CAB) is in full swing offering a number of virtual programs and engagement opportunities to keep your son or daughter involved during this remote learning period.
- CAB has hosted two Trivia Tuesday events live-streamed via Zoom with prizes mailed to the winners. The semester’s final trivia event will be held on Tuesday, April 21 at 8:30 p.m. Students can learn more details about this event on the portal.
- The @AC_CAB Instagram account will be running a number of social engagement events.
- Be sure to remind your students to tune into CAB’s final Bingo event of the semester on Friday, April 24. Information on how to join will be shared on the portal.
- The 2019-20 Assumption Heights Yearbook is being printed. As a surprise, students who purchased this year’s yearbook are scheduled to receive their yearbooks at their homes during the second week of May, when the original Commencement date had been scheduled. An upcoming 20-page supplement is also being designed that will include virtual event photos, upcoming August Senior Days, and the August Commencement, and will be mailed out later this fall.
- Student Activities office staff are available and accessible if you or your son or daughter have any questions. Please feel free to reach out to Ted Zito at 508.767.7325 with any questions.