It makes a huge difference for our students if their tutors reach out to them. While the Santa Fe Community College campus, the Higher Education Center (HEC), the Santa Fe Public Library, and many other sites that are used for tutoring are closed for the remainder of the school year and possibly longer due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we hope that our tutors and students will continue their sessions, or just stay in touch, using virtual meeting methods. Some option to do this are:
- By telephone (one-to-one) meeting
- By audio or group conferencing – most cell phones support up to 5 people on a call.
Video & Audio:
- FaceTime (an app that automatically comes with all Apple products: iPhone, iPad, or Mac, and can be used in one-to-one or in group mode)
- Skype (can also be used in audio only)
- Google Hangouts
- WhatsApp (can also be used in audio only mode or text messaging)
If you’d like to use Zoom, it’s free to sign up for an account, but if joining a Zoom meeting initiated by someone else, you don’t need to have your own account, but do need to have internet access and a smartphone, tablet, or computer.
Remember physical isolation doesn’t have to mean ending socializing with others – just use virtual methods!