Starting to look a little more like spring! We are sure Mother Nature will hit us with one more going away party for the winter, just like every year, but heading in the right direction.
Okay, time for some race info updates.
1- If you have not yet registered and want to run with us (or run the virtual race), click the link below! We only have about 600 spaces left currently.
2- We have this year's course map available! Click HERE to see it. (USATF versions of the map will be available after it warms up and we can make final measurements.) Online versions of the courses can be found below. (Online maps will not show exact distance.) :
3- Aid station locations can be found HERE. Please note, water and Gatorade at the aid stations will be "elite style" where you have to grab your cups off the tables. Recommendations from the Health Department stipulate no volunteer hand offs at this time.
Saturday, April 24, 11am to 3:30pm
Performance Running Outfitters- Oak Creek Location
7956 S Main Street, Oak Creek
Sunday, April 25, 11am to 3:30pm
Dick Pond Athletics- Park Ridge Location
575 Busse Hwy, Park Ridge (BTW, they moved a couple months ago)
Kenosha (Race Weekend):
Friday, April 30, 2021. 10:30am to 7:00pm.
Outside of Kenosha Public Museum, 5500 1st Ave, Kenosha
Kenosha (Race Morning):
Saturday, May 1, 2021. 5:15am to 8:15am.
Race site, near start line.
You can show up to any of these locations during these times to pick up your race packet or choose to have it mailed to you. Yes, friends can grab your packet, as well. (NOTE: For those doing the Virtual Race, your packet mailing is included in the price, so don't select the packet mailing at registration.)
5- We know charities all over the nation have been hit hard by the pandemic. We want to help. If you are a part of a charity group that can provide volunteers on race day, we can help your group with promotions and donations. Contact Jonathan with your group info and he'll help you with the details. You'll be joining these wonderful groups.
Snapshot of New Rules for 2021:
- Rolling race start - you will choose your start time, as referenced above.
- Reduced participation densities - arrive to start area no more than 10 minutes prior to your wave.
- Masks worn at start and finish - can be removed once you begin running.
- "Elite style" aid stations. Grab off the table or fill your own.
- Post race food will be Grab & Go - pre-bagged for easy distribution.
No gear check available this year.
- Due to suggested health and safety regulations, we will not be able to serve up brats and beer after the race, nor will we be able to have all the tents and hang out areas at the finish line, as usual. We will still have cheese and we will still have some great post-race refreshments for you!
- We will not be providing holdable goodie bags this year to go along with your shirt and bib. We will instead email out a virtual goodie bag with various promotions. (It's greener that way, anyway.)
For all of our deferred runners from last year, be sure to follow the instructions from the email we sent the other week. Link with details is here in case you needed it.