More than 50 Experts from Across the Country
to Speak at Racing and Gaming Conference at Saratoga, August 16-17
SARATOGA SPRINGS, NY – More than 50 experts from across the country are confirmed to speak at the Racing and Gaming Conference at Saratoga (RGCS), which takes place August 15-17 at the Saratoga Hilton.
The three-day RGCS will bring together gaming and racing industry leaders, academics, elected officials, lawyers, regulators, and racing patrons to examine the trends, challenges and critical issues facing the racing and gaming industries. Confirmed speakers included:
- Senator Joe Addabbo, New York State Senate, Chairman of the New York State Racing, Gaming and Wagering Committee
- Joseph Appelbaum, President, New York Thoroughbred Horsemen’s Association
- Joe Asher, President Sports Betting, IGT
- Dallas Baker, Head of Business Development, BetMakers US
- Jordon Bender, Senior Equity Research Analyst, JMP Securities
- Patrick Brown, Brown & Weinraub PLLC, and Organizing Director, Racing and Gaming Conference at Saratoga
- Andrew Collier, Deputy Commissioner, Vermont Department of Liquor and Lottery
- John Coppola, Executive Director, New York Association of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Providers Inc.
- Brad Cummings, Founder and CEO, EQL Games
- Lloyd Danzig, Managing Partner, Sharp Alpha Advisors
- David Donovan, President, New York State Broadcasters Association
- Jessica Feil, Vice President Regulatory Affairs and Compliance, OpenBet
- Brad Fischer, Senior Associate, Orrick
- Michele Fischer, Vice President, SIS Content Services
- Alan Foreman, Chairman and CEO, Thoroughbred Horsemen’s Association Inc.
- Simon Fraser, Senior Vice President of International, 1/ST Technology
- Kurt Freedlund, President, KDF Consulting and Solutions, former General Counsel Georgia and Illinois Lotteries
- Samuel Gerrity, CEO, Saratoga Casino Hotel
- Howard Glaser, Global Head of Government Affairs and Legislative Counsel, Light and Wonder
- Jeffrey Gural, Chairman, American Racing and Entertainment and Owner of Tioga Downs Casino Resort
- Paul Hannon, Senior Vice President Corporate Development, PointsBet USA
- Daniel Hartman, Director, Colorado Division of Gaming
- Dr. Patricia Hogan, VMD, ACVS, Hogan Equine
- David Isaacson, Senior Vice President, Spectrum Gaming Capital
- Kevin Jones, Chief Strategy Officer and Chief Legal Officer, Genting Americas
- Michael Kane, President and Executive Director, New York State Gaming Association
- Lynne Levin Kaufman, C0-Chair Gaming Practice Group, Cooper Levenson
- Adrian King, Co-Leader of the firm’s Gaming Team and State Attorney General Team, Ballard Spahr
- Melanie Iacour, Associate, Saiber LLC’s Gaming Law and Administrative & Regulatory, former attorney for New York State Gaming Commission
- Lisa Lazarus, CEO, Horseracing Integrity and Safety Authority
- Troy Levy, CEO, Tropical Racing Inc., Founder and Vice President Game of Silks
- Bennett Liebman, Government Lawyer in Residence at Albany Law School
- Edward Martin, President and CEO, Association of Racing Commissioners International
- Daniel Nissanoff, Founder and CEO, Game of Silks
- David O’Rourke, President and CEO, New York Racing Association
- John Pappas, State Advocacy Director, iDEA Growth
- William J. Pascrell lll, Partner, Princeton Public Affairs Group
- Honorable David Paterson, Former Governor of New York, Senior Vice President and Senior Advisor, Las Vegas Sands Corporation
- Michael Pollock, Managing Director, Spectrum Gaming Group
- Assemblyman Gary Pretlow, New York State Assembly, Chairman of the Committee on Racing and Wagering
- Thomas Rooney, Former Congressman, President and CEO, National Thoroughbred Racing Association
- May Scheve Reardon, Executive Director, Missouri Lottery
- Douglas Reed, former Director, University of Arizona Race Track Industry Program
- Louis S. Rogacki, AAG, Deputy Director, New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement
- Richard Schosberg, Thoroughbred Horse Trainer, NYTHA Board Member, TAA Board Member
- Daniel Shapiro, Senior Vice President, Chief Development Officer, Caesars Digital
- John Signor, President and CEO, Capital Off Track Betting
- Karl Sleight, Member, Harris Beach
- Katherine Spilde, Professor, San Diego State University
- Carter Vance, General Counsel, Jackpocket
- Natalie Voss, Editor-In-Chief, Paulick Report
- Daniel Wallach, Founder, Wallach Legal
- Marlene Warner, Executive Director, The Massachusetts Council on Gaming and Health
- Joseph Weinert, Executive VP, Spectrum Gaming Group
- Robert Williams, Executive Director, New York State Gaming Commission
- Chris Wittstruck, Equine Attorney, Director Standardbred Owners’ Association of New York
The speakers will be participating in a wide-ranging RGCS agenda that covers topics including:
- Responsible Gaming: Are Programs and Funding Keeping Pace with Industry Growth?
- State Lotteries – Finding Avenues for Growth
- Sports Betting: What’s Next?
- Downstate Casino Expansion: What to Expect
- Online Casinos: How Legalization Will Play Out
- The Rise (or Scourge) of Unregulated Gaming Machines
- M&A Investment Trends in Sports Betting and Online Gaming
- Gaming Regulation in the Digital Age: Are “Analog” Regulations and Regulators Sufficient to Police the Digital Gaming Market?
- The Horseracing Integrity and Safety Act and the Future of Racing
- Horse Racing, NFTs, and the Metaverse
- Aftercare for Race Horses: Who Pays?
- Fixed Odds and the Future of Horse Betting
The RGCS will host two exclusive networking events – a Welcome Cocktail Party on Monday night and an evening of charity gaming at historic Canfield Casino on Tuesday evening – as well as an afternoon of racing at the historic Saratoga Race Course on Wednesday. The conference is jointly produced by Tinhorn Productions and Spectrum Gaming Group.
To register, view the RGCS agenda, and reserve a room at the host hotel, visit racingandgamingsaratoga.com.
About Tinhorn Productions: Tinhorn Productions, LLC is a sole proprietorship created by Patrick Brown for the purpose of carrying on the annual Racing and Gaming Conference during the Saratoga meet. Pat Brown is no stranger to anyone who has attended the Conference in the past or is involved in racing and gaming in New York. For over 30 years, Pat has been a gaming advocate, lawyer, teacher and most importantly, a fan.
About Spectrum Gaming Group: Spectrum is an independent research and consulting firm that has performed advisory and consulting work for gaming operators, regulators, and legislatures in 41 US states and territories and in 48 countries on six continents. Visit Spectrum at spectrumgaming.com/