Moreno Valley marches toward becoming the best city in the Inland Empire for Veterans with the launch of Moreno Valley's Hire a MoVal Veteran initiative.
The Moreno Valley City Council approved the Hire a MoVal Veteran initiative to encourage local business to hire Moreno Valley veterans. Businesses are now eligible to receive up to $5,000 for hiring Moreno Valley veterans. The Hire a MoVal Veteran initiative is part of the City's overall Hire MoVal program and allows businesses to receive $1,000 per each veteran they hire for up to five (5), new veteran employees.
- Must have an active business license
- Be located in the City of Moreno Valley
- Retain the employee for at least 6 months for a minimum of 20 hours per week
- Must be a Moreno Valley resident
- Must have served for a minimum of 90 days
- Must provide DD-214 discharge papers showing an honorable discharge
The Hire a MoVal Veteran initiative illustrates how Moreno Valley takes the lead to support veterans. The City strives to create opportunities for returning veterans and their families to integrate back into the community and thrive in Moreno Valley.
Hire a MoVal Veteran adds to a host of veteran-friendly programs, which the City offers through MoVal Vets, an umbrella program that provides access to services for veteran job seekers and veteran-owned small business.