The Morris Township Department of Parks and Recreation is also announcing that Tennis and Pickleball Courts are open for doubles play beginning Friday, June 12, 2020. The courts were opened on May 12th to singles play only, but are now being extended to doubles play. The COVID-19 rules for tennis courts are still in effect on Morris Township’s courts.
Players must practice social distancing by
keeping a minimum of six feet apart from other players
to ensure you and your fellow players are in a safe exercise environment.
Players should also follow these rules of play and conduct:
PREPARING TO PLAY
- Wash your hands with a disinfectant soap and water (for 20 seconds or longer) before coming to the courts, and use a hand sanitizer before going onto the court. Reapply as necessary.
- Clean and wipe down your equipment, including racquets and water bottles. DO NOT share racquets or any other equipment such as wristbands, grips, hats and towels
- Bring a personal full bottle of water or two to ensure proper hydration.
- Use new balls, if possible. Touch balls as little as possible.
- Avoid touching court gates, fences, benches, etc. if you can
- No spectators are allowed on the courts. A maximum of eight players only on two side-by-side courts.
- Stay at least a minimum of six feet apart from other players.
- PLAY IS LIMITED TO 30 MINUTES RUNNING TIME WHEN OTHERS ARE WAITING. No Extra Time allowed completing games.
- Avoid touching your face after handling a ball or other equipment.
- Avoid sharing food, drinks or towels.
- Use your racquet or foot to pick up balls and hit them to your opponent. Avoid using your hands to pick up the balls.
- Stay on your side of the court. Avoid changing ends of the court.
- Remain apart from other players when taking a break.
- If a ball from another court comes to you, send it back with a kick or with your racquet.
- Do not charge the net past the Service Line during play. Volley from the Baselines.
- Use a hand sanitizer after coming off the court. Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water as soon as possible.
- NO Extra-Curricular or social activity should take place. NO congregation at courts or parking areas after playing.
ALL PLAYERS ARE ASKED TO PLEASE RESPECT THESE RULES -
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE RULES MAY RESULT IN CLOSURE OF THE COURTS.