Dear residence hall student,
With K-State’s decision to continue limited operations and online instruction through the remainder of the spring 2020 semester, we will be closing all residence halls and dining centers. Students must now vacate their residence hall room.
In an effort to follow CDC guidelines for social distancing, this process will take place March 20-30. Over the course of those 10 days, a limited number of students will be allowed in our buildings during each move-out time slot to retrieve their belongings and check out of their space.
Please read this message in its entirety to get the full picture of what this process will entail.
Step 1: Select a Move-Out Time
- Please be certain your date and time will work for you. After you select your date and time, there will be no adjustments.
- We will not be allowing roommates or suitemates to check out at the same time, so please coordinate with them to ensure appropriate social distancing practices.
- Your time must be selected 24 hours in advance of your arrival.
- After you complete the move-out survey, you will be directed to complete an online forwarding address form.
- Students who are currently ill or under a quarantine directive should NOT come back to campus to move out until they are well and have been cleared from quarantine. There is a place on the survey to indicate this and our staff will work with you regarding a future date for move-out.
- Students who are from out-of-state and cannot return by March 30 to check out should indicate so on the survey.
- If you need to have another person remove your items for you, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from your K-State email account with your name, ID number, room number, and the name and contact information of the person you’re permitting to pick up your belongings.
- If you fail to select a time and do not communicate with Housing and Dining Services about your move-out by March 31, your belongings will be disposed of after 30 days.