This Fall we had over a dozen ensembles playing together online and socially distanced, from string quartets to wind ensembles, brass groups, and jazz ensembles.
We don't expect the full orchestra to be able to reconvene until later this year, so this Spring will be another vibrant semester of small ensembles. If you're a musician (and Virginia resident) and you'd like to participate, please enroll in the NVCC Annandale MUS 148 or 248 class.
While enrollment is not strictly mandatory for participation, sufficient class enrollments are critical for the college's ability to keep the class open and therefore for music students to receive the credits they need, as well as for our Music Director to continue leading Wednesday evening Zoom meetings and supporting ensembles.
The deadline for online enrollment is Sunday Jan 10 and the first class Zoom meeting will be on Wednesday Jan 13 at 7:30.
- If you're not already admitted as a NVCC student, create your account. Be sure to choose For Credit or you may not be able to enroll in the music class. You will be given a permanent NVCC email address which you will use to log in.
- Log in to myNova.
- Open SIS.
- In class search, find Music 148 (first time) or 248 (if you've taken 148 before).
- Add it to your shopping cart.
- Go to shopping cart, select your class and enroll, and confirm.
- At the main menu, choose Campus Finances, Make a Payment, and follow the links to pay with credit card. You can also select a payment plan.
The tuition is $185.50. RMS offers a limited number of tuition reimbursements and scholarships. If you need help with the cost, start at the RMS Scholarships web page
Questions or need help enrolling? Contact Mr. Sager in the Annandale campus Languages, Arts & Social Sciences Division, (703) 323-3107, firstname.lastname@example.org