Creating a Video Recording Transcript and Subtitles
YouTube will create a transcript in English as a sidebar script that is displayed in real time as the recording is played.
YouTube will also create subtitles/closed captions by following the steps below.
Hover over the bottom of the video until a tool bar appears.
- Click on the Settings Wheel (looks like a cog).
- Click on Subtitles/CC. Next, click on English (Auto Generate).
- English Subtitles should now appear on the video.
- Go back to the Settings Wheel and once again select Subtitles/CC.
- This time locate the option - Auto Translate - Click that.
- A long list of languages should populate. Select the language of choice.
- Click out of the settings window and now the subtitles should display in the language selected.