There will be a special meeting of the State Bond Commission at 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday April 8, 2020. Members and agencies with items on the agenda will participate via teleconference. The public may view it live on CT-N. See special notice below.
The agenda is available to review
The following municipal aid funding will be released:
- Town Aid Road (TAR) - $60 million
- Grants for Municipal Projects - $76 million
- Local Transportation Capital Improvement Projects (LoTCIP) - $30,962,500
- Local Bridge Program - $8,827,194
- Drinking Water State Revolving Fund (SRF) - $31,000,000
- Emerging Public Health Emergencies - $5,000,000 - Funding for state agencies and political subdivisions for equipment, facilities and supplies to respond to emerging public health emergencies.
- Deep Water Ports - $30,000,000 to create a modern, heavy lift port and, along with other upgrades, meet offshore wind industry requirements
Local Capital Improvement Program (LoCIP)
- Reminder - OPM posted r
evised Guidelines & Instructions which include significant changes which are outlined on page 3, including information about submitting your forms electronically! You cannot submit paper forms anymore. 2020 Guidelines & Instructions can be found on the
under “Program Guidelines.” You must use only the revised LoCIP Forms or your application will not be processed. You may begin submitting the Project Authorization Requests against your 2020 entitlements.
How much will your town receive?
TAR, LoCIP and Grants for Municipal Projects are statutory formula grants. As such, the Town by Town Runs prepared by OFA relative to the Governor's proposed budget provide an estimate of how much each town will receive. OFA's estimates are available
LoCIP Entitlement Amounts - available
. Note, there are some slight differences between the amounts listed by OPM and the amount prepared by OFA.
Please stay safe and healthy! We are very proud of how our mayors, first selectmen, town managers and other municipal officials are responding during this crisis to protect the health and safety of residents. If we can be of any assistance, please let us know.