Teacher Appreciation Week
May 4-8, 2015 is Teacher Appreciation Week. However, at Shepherd we consider all our staff members teachers who deserve recognition during this week. Please join me in helping make this week special.
Monday: Flowers for Your Teacher Day
A single flower or a bouquet. Flowers always brighten a day.
Tuesday: Naughty/Nice Day
Bring in a special healthy snack (nice) or sweet treat (naughty) for your teacher.
Wednesday: Specialist/Support Staff Day
Our Specialist Teachers Deserve Recognition Too
Thursday: Volunteer Your Time
Volunteers are needed to provide food and duty coverage while teachers enjoy a duty free Potluck lunch provided by parents. Please sign-up by clicking on the following link.
Luncheon and Volunteer Sign-Up:
Friday: Day of Thanks
Make a card, write a note, or simply say, "Thank you!"
Planning for Next Year
Over the past few weeks I have engaged in a lot of conversations with various stakeholders about what is working well and what they would like to see done differently. If you would like to be a part of the change, please join me at the next Parent Academy.
Mark Your Calendars
- Kite Day (PS-1st Grade) - Students are asked to bring in a kite.
- Earth Day (activities will be held throughout the week)
- Pre -School Parent Meeting - What are the plans for next year? (5:00 PM)
- Pre Kinder Parent Meeting - What are the plans for next year? (6:00 PM)
- Parent Academy -Come Out, Share Your Concerns, Join a Task Force (8:15 AM)
- Family Poetry Night (6:00 PM)
- Kite Day (2nd -5th Grade) - Students are asked to bring in a kite.
- Science Fair Projects Due (K-2nd)
- Report Cards Sent Home
- Awards Day 8:55 AM (PS-PK) 9:30 AM (K-2nd) 10:25 AM (3rd - 5th)
- Spring Pictures (No Uniforms Required)
- Bicycle Helmet Fitting Day
- Science Fair Judging (9:00 AM)
- Recycling Program (2:15 PM)
Teacher Appreciation Week May 4-8
May 1st - Professional Development Day - No School for students
May 5th - Safe Kids World Wide Event (9:00AM)
Bike to School Day
May 7th - 3rd Grade PARCC EOY
May 8th - 3rd Grade PARCC EOY
May 11th - 4th and 4th Grade PARCC EOY
May 12th - 4th Grade PARCC EOY
May 13th - 5th Grade PARCC EOY
May 14th - 4th and 5th Grade PARCC EOY
May 16th - Spring Gala
World Language Festival Deal MS
May 20th - PTA Meeting (6:30 PM)
Progress Reports Go Home
May 21st - Parent Academy - Preventing Summer Regression (8:15 AM)
May 22nd - Mustang Bucks
May 25th - Memorial Day No School
May 28th - Family Night (6:00 PM)
May 29th - Field Day (Volunteers Needed!)
June 3rd - 5th Grade Exhibition
June 5th - BWL Concert
June 9th - Boys to Men Event
June 10th - Talent Show
June 12th - New Student/Families Welcome Event
June 16th - Awards Day 8:55 AM (PS-PK) 9:30 AM (K-2nd) 10:25 AM (3rd - 5th)
June 17th - 5th Grade Promotion Exercise
June 18th - Moving Up Day
June 19th - Last Day of School - Students Dismissed at 12:15.