Midsummer on a Playground
What a great turnout of Shepherd ES families and neighbors from Shepherd Park at the
Midsummer on a Playground
production by Pocket Change Theater last weekend! As you can see, the actors performed right on the Shepherd Park playground, even using some of the playground equipment in the production.
We look forward to seeing everyone at Back-to-School Night! This is a wonderful opportunity to hear from your child's classroom teacher as well as the special subject teachers (like Physical Education, Art, Music, Library, French, and Spanish).
The Star Achievers Program will provide childcare during Back-to-School Night. If you plan to use this childcare, please review these important details:
- Children do not need to be enrolled in Star Achievers to come for care during Back-to-School Night.
- Childcare will take place in the cafeteria and in a classroom for early childhood age students.
- No children under age 3.
- Siblings who are not enrolled at Shepherd can participate in childcare.
- Parents must sign their children in and out. Children should not go down to the cafeteria by themselves or with older siblings.
- Children cannot be automatically transferred from Aftercare to Back-to-School Night childcare. Parents need to sign their child out of Aftercare and into evening childcare.
The PTA has a new shipment of t-shirts for students plus some new hoodies. We also have t-shirts for parents who want to show their Shepherd pride. The Shepherd wear will be available for purchase at Back-to-School Night. Remember - your students can wear their Shepherd gear every Friday for Spirit Day!
PTA Board Vacancy - Election at October PTA Meeting
The position of PTA First Vice President is currently vacant. We will hold an election to fill the position at the October PTA Meeting on Wednesday, October 21st.
To nominate yourself or someone else, please contact Leonie Stephenson at email@example.com. Before nominating someone else, please discuss with them and confirm their interest!
Nominations must be received by Wednesday October 7th @ 11:59 PM to be included. Please send the following: candidate name, email address, telephone number, and brief candidate statement.
To run for the vacant office AND to vote in the election, you must be a member in good standing with the PTA at least 14 days prior to the election. This includes payment of the annual PTA dues of $20.
Please click here to pay your PTA dues by Wednesday October 7th so you can participate in the election as a candidate or voter!