Room Parents Needed!
As you think about how you can contribute to the Shepherd community, please consider volunteering as a room parent.
The primary responsibilities of the room parent are to:
- Help facilitate communication between the classroom teacher and the parents.
- Coordinate the classroom Fall Fest activity (or identify another classroom parent to coordinate).
- Work with the classroom teacher to plan the class's contribution to the Spring Gala silent auction. These are some of our biggest money makers!
- Help the classroom teacher identify classroom volunteers when needed.
You do not necessarily need to be available during the school day to be a room parent.
To date, we only have room parents for the following classrooms:
- Ms. Hill-Dyal - Gwen Washington
- Mr. Howard - Kurshanna Johnson
- Ms. Whren - Gwen Washington
Please email Anne McLeer (email@example.com) to volunteer!
PTA Board Vacancy - Election at October PTA Meeting
The position of PTA First Vice President is vacant following the resignation of Acqunetta Anderson. We will hold an election to fill the position at the October PTA Meeting on Wednesday, October 21st.
The PTA Board has appointed a nominating committee to facilitate the nomination and election process.
To nominate yourself or someone else, please contact Leonie Stephenson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Before nominating someone else, please discuss with them and confirm their interest! Nominations must be received by Wednesday October 7th @ 11:59 PM to be included. Please send the following: candidate name, email address, telephone number, and brief candidate statement.
To run for the vacant office AND to vote in the election, you must be a member in good standing with the PTA at least 14 days prior to the election. This includes payment of the annual PTA dues of $20.
Please click here to pay your PTA dues by Wednesday October 7th so you can participate in the election as a candidate or voter!
Also - a big thank you to the families who have contributed to the 180 Fund! Your contributions directly benefit our students and their teachers. Please also pay your family's PTA dues to be considered a PTA member in good standing.