We are providing questions that tie back to the preceding Sunday's primary reading and sermon each week. Feel free to think about these on your own, to discuss with a family member or friend, or to use these within your small group.
Readings: Isaiah 25:1-9; Matthew 22:1-14
1. Describe the most extravagant meal that you've ever had.
2. How do you think the image of a feast would have offered hope to a people who had long been oppressed?
3. Why do you think Jesus chose the image of a wedding banquet for his ministry?
4. Today, one of the images of the church is "the bride of Christ." What does this imply? Given your understanding and/or experience of marriage, how is this helpful? Challenging?
5. In his sermon on this text, Pastor Don said that the "wedding robe" can be understood as Jesus' way of saying that being part of his reality includes a willingness to change, specifically, to become more like him. How does this align with your understanding of "salvation by grace?"
6. Where in your life have you welcomed being changed by Jesus? Where have you resisted it?