We are providing questions that tie back to the preceding Sunday's primary reading and sermon each week. Feel free to think about these on your own, to discuss with a family member or friend, or to use these within your small group.
Readings: Isaiah 43:1-7; John 10:11-18
1. Jesus refers to himself as "the good shepherd" in John 10. Do you find this comforting, and if so, why?
2. "Shepherd" was also used to describe Israel's king. Jesus contrasts himself as shepherd to a hired hand, who is less committed to the sheep. When do you want Jesus to be your king? And...when is he more of a hired hand?
3. How do you discern Jesus' voice from among all the noise?
4. What frightens you today?
5. When is belonging to God a comfort? When is it a challenge?