Here is my top 11 things that come to mind list for 2015. They make my life better and you might find some value here, too. Enjoy!
1. Top Glassware -
- I put that at the top as it's the item I use the most in my life - drinking glasses. I know that might sound strange - but drinking from these glasses makes me happy.
2. Top juice/sports drink of beets and tart cherries -
- I've watched my friend, Rick Perry, turn an idea into a very tasty/health drink. Thanks, Rick.
3. Top new restaurant in my neighborhood -
(clients/friends). Paleo, kombucha, breakfast, great hours, Yoga Union next door, friendly staff - thank you, universe.
4. Top awesome store in Portland -
(client/friend). This one has become more of an obsession :) From the moment I walked into Gregg Harris's store, I was hooked. I go for the oxygen, the learning, Gregg's philosophy on life and work/retirement/live-work space thinking. 44th and Hawthorne. Go.
5. Top dessert place in SE Portlandia + my home away from home:
Marino's Adriatic Cafe
. Live music, late night European atmosphere. A great place to strike up a conversation with a stranger. Good on multiple levels. 41st and Division.
6. Top change in Oregon - Legalizing Marijuana. Beyond the "fun" factor, I'm seeing my community use cannabis for healing mental and physical ailments. Visit my friend, Steve Bennett's store,
to learn about marijuana's medical properties.
9. Top Portland performance of 2015: Beatles White Album Christmas with the Wanderlust Circus at the
Alberta Rose Theatre
I saw it twice
). The Alberta Rose continues to be my favorite place to see music in Portland. The hall is intimate, the sound is great and there's a magic to the place. Kudos to Joe Cawley for making things run so smoothly there for the past 5 years.
11. You! I couldn't have as rich a life I do without your presence in it. Thanks for reading, playing and sharing time with me on this planet. We only get so much time here and my hope is that you and I make the most of it.
Have a great month and I'll be back with you in February.
Albert, Sister Liz, and Brother Dan in Sumneytown, Pennsylvania along the banks of the Unami River - Thanksgiving 2015