The second installment of the National Association of Asian American Professionals (NAAAP) Detroit Chapter’s Learn & Grow (L&G) professional development series was held on November 11. The L&G series is designed to investigate various professional skills through moderated panel discussions with successful leaders. The November 11 session focused on the skill of “Understanding Human Needs” and featured the following panelists:
- Joe Grimm, Journalism Professor at Michigan State University
- Phyllis Mazure, MALLP and Creative Cross Cultural Life Coach
- Pam Raj, Spiritual Fitness LLC Owner and LMSW Psychotherapist
- Dr. H Sook Wilkinson, Fully Licensed Psychologist in the State of Michigan
The session started out with thought-provoking questions from panelists that probe at our understanding of self and others, such as:
- How to build uninhibited self-expression?
- What are the tools we can use to progress from “unauthentic relationship” to “authentic leadership”?
- When we have conflicts, is it better to win or love?
Some of the insights coming out of open and honest discussions between panelists and the audience...