February 9-Join NAMI East Flatbush, NAMI April of Brooklyn and NAMI NAMI Boro Park as they co-host an advocacy meeting featuring NAMI-NYS Public Engagement Coordinator Matthew Shapiro and Board Member and NAMI Smarts Trainer Mary Lou Barry at the Boro Park Y located at 4910 14th Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11219, beginning at 7pm.
- Join NAMI Westchester for their Speaker Series. Topic: The Clozapine Clinic: A Model for addressing the medical needs of those on psychiatric medications. Speaker: Dr. Robert Laitman, Bronx-Westchester Medical Group. 7:15 to 9pm at St. Vincent's Hospital, 275 North Street, Harrison, NY 10528.
- History of the Development of Psychiatric Treatment in Hospital Settings. 5:30pm - 7:30pm in the CDPC Family Resource Center. As usual, there will be time for Questions and Answers as well as support services after the program. For more information or to register contact: Frank Greco, Director of Family Services (518) 549-6816.
February 11- NAMI Rochester for Team Captain Makeup/Open Information Session. NAMI Office from 4-7pm. This offering is another open information session, but additionally for team captains that can't make the dinner to obtain the materials shared by local experts. Like the first one, stop in for whatever NAMIWalks information & support you may need, or just stop in to chat and snack!
February 17- NAMI Rockland Education Meeting. Topic: Dialectical Behavior Therapy / DBT. 7:30pm at Dr. Robert Yeager Health Center, 50 Sanatorium Road, Bldg. F, Room 119, Pomona, NY 10970.
February 17-NAMI Schnectady will partner with the family support group at Ellis Hospital to host an advocacy session featuring NAMI-NYS Public Engagement Coordinator Matthew Shapiro at Ellis Hospital located at 1101 Nott St, Schenectady, NY 12308, beginning at 6pm
February 25- Discussion about Wellness Recovery Action Plan. W.R.A.P. 5:30pm - 7:30pm in the CDPC Family Resource Center. As usual, there will be time for Questions and Answers as well as support services after the program. For more information or to register contact: Frank Greco, Director of Family Services (518) 549-6816.
February 25&26- Join NAMI Montgomery, Fulton & Hamilton and OMH for SSI and SSDI Benefits Training: Myths, Tips, Tricks, and How to Make it Work. Presented By John B. Allen Jr., Special Assistant to the Commissioner, OMH. Do you know...
- How to help someone get benefits within 90 days?
- About expedited reinvestment of benefits?
- That you can work full-time and maintain low cost, or even no- cost, medical insurance?
- That you can ask for a waiver if Social Security mistakenly overpays you?
- That providers can get up to $25,000 per person for helping who are eligible for Ticket to Work find and keep jobs?
Even if you answered "yes" to any of these questions, you will benefit from this intensive two-day interactive training. Find out how Social Security Work Incentives can help SSI/SSDI beneficiaries:
- Test their work and earning abilities
- Earn money for training or college
- Earn money to start a business
- Ease off cash benefits into self-sufficiency
February 25 from 9am to 5pm, and February 26 from 9am to 2pm.
NAMI MFH, Riverfront Center, Suite 2390, Amsterdam, NY. (Lunch on your own each day) ID is required.
- Women DINE For a Cause. Women DINE for a Cause chose NAMI Rockland as the non-profit they are supporting for their March Dinner! Place: Home of; Sonya & Milton Shapiro, 34 Scenic Drive, Suffern, NY 10901. Hosted by Susan Hito Shapiro. Entertainment by: Gold Recording Artist, Joe Delia. Register online at:
May 7- NAMI Rockland is once again partnering with NAMI NYC Metro for NAMIWalks 2016. 8am Registration. 9am Walk begins. Where; NYC- Walk over the Brooklyn Bridge.
- Join NAMI Rochester for their NAMIWalks at Village Gate. For more information or to register call Kristina Mossgraber (585) 520-8380 or email
- Join NAMI Westchester for their NAMIWalks. Starts at 8:30am. Please not it on your calendar and register to walk now at
. Create a walking team and invite co-workers and friends. Contact friends and family to support NAMI Westchester through your participation.
- Join NAMI Mid-Hudson for their Annual Fundraising Gala 2016. At The Grandview, 176 Rinaldi Blvd, Poughkeepsie. 5pm to 9pm. To Honor: Andrew O'Grady, Executive Director, Mental Health America Dutchess County and Michael P Hein, Ulster County Executive. With Special Guest Dr. Xavier Amador author of: "I'm Not Sick. I Don't Need Help!". For more information, please visit: