NAMLE is hiring!
The National Association for Media Literacy Education
is a national organization dedicated to media literacy as a basic life skill for the 21st century.
NAMLE is looking for a competent Program Manager to undertake a variety of administrative and program management tasks. The NAMLE Program Manager will help in planning and organizing programs and activities as well as carry out important operational duties.
The Program Manager will perform a wide range of duties with special focus on NAMLE's National Conference, member relations and organizational partnership growth and maintenance.
- Strong interpersonal information-gathering and relationship skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to juggle many tasks at once
- Solid writing ability for both long and short format content
- Enthusiasm for learning about, contributing to and promoting media literacy
- Interest in building professional experience through this opportunity
- Willingness to work alone and as part of a team
- Flexibility and sense of humor!
The successful Program Manager will:
- Provide general administrative support to Executive Director
- Assist with organizing NAMLE systems (i.e. Google docs, Dropbox)
- Manage membership and partnership database using Wild Apricot software management system
- Handle administrative questions and inquiries from members and the public
- Ensure that membership and partnership database and correspondence is organized, up to date, and accurate
- Trouble shoot issues that arise with Wild Apricot
- Keep organizational partner info on website current, cross checking monthly with database
- Maintain the partnership and membership sections on the website
- Assist with outreach to lapsed members and organizational partners and potential new members and organizational partners
- Manage org partner benefits
- Manage and compile org bulletin content
- Participate in national partnership calls (ex. Educator Innovator and Teaching for Democracy Alliance) as needed
- National Conference Coordination
- Provide general administrative support
- Chair Logistics Committee for National Conference
- Act as liaison for venue
- Responsible for attendee relations
- Develop program book, including ad sales
- Coordinate exhibit space and act as liaison for all exhibitors
Job is based in NYC.
Approximately 20 - 25 hours a week.
$2,000 a month flat rate.
Initial contract period: February 15 - August 15, 2017
Apply to Michelle Ciulla Lipkin*:
*The work and well-being of NAMLE is profoundly strengthened by the diversity of our network and our differences in background, culture, experience, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, race, ethnicity, age, disability, and much more. We actively seek and welcome people of color, women, the LGBTQIA community, persons with disabilities, and people at intersections of these identities, from across the spectrum of disciplines and methods.