As you know, background screening and the issues our industry face have increasingly become global in nature. Challenges like global data privacy regulations and the rise of the gig economy know no boundaries, and as a result NAPBS has given considerable attention to their impact on our members – wherever they do business.
NAPBS has responded to the boundaryless nature of our industry by evolving into a truly global association. While that work began some time ago, I am excited to inform you that last night, we reached the culmination of this process. Our members attending the Annual Conference in San Antonio voted overwhelmingly to approve new bylaws and a membership structure that bring the association in line with its global vision. Following the vote, we introduced the new name and branding of our organization.
NAPBS is now the Professional Background Screening Association (PBSA)!
Our new name and logo symbolize our global reach, emphasizing how we seamlessly share information, expertise, and goals for the future of the industry. Over the next several weeks, we will be updating accreditation and FCRA certificate logos, as well as other branded materials, so keep an eye out for more information on these items. In the meantime, there are several things our members can do to ensure a smooth, unified transition.
- Members are required to switch out the NAPBS logo for the new PBSA logo wherever it appears on their website by October 1, 2019. The logo files can be found here.
- If you are a founding member of the association, we will separately email you a link to an updated founding member logo shortly.
- If applicable to your organization, accreditation and FCRA certificate logos will be sent to you when they are finalized.
- Members should make note of our new social handles. By the end of this week, our accounts will switch over. When tagging or tweeting at us, please understand that any posts using the old NAPBS handles will no longer work.
- Twitter: @PBSA
- Facebook: @ThePBSA
- LinkedIn: PBSA - The Professional Background Screening Association
- Update your browser bookmarks. Our new URL is thepbsa.org. Look out for a new, rebranded and redesigned website to land in 2020.
I hope you are as excited as I am about this transition. Our association has been global for many years, and it is high-time that is represented through our vision and branding. Please reach out with any questions you may have along the way – we’re here to help!
Melissa Sorenson, executive director of PBSA