Dearest members of CLC Canada,
As we approach the last days before the Assembly, I am reminded of the words of Fr. Jim Bowler sj : ‘When there are so many people working together to do something good for God’s Greater Glory, don’t ask IF the wayward spirit is present but WHERE.’
I know that I am not the only one feeling challenged these days in so many aspects of life. As St. Ignatius suggests, we are called to step up our prayers in times like this and pay attention to the Rules of Discernment and Movements of the Spirit.
Ultimately God’s love will prevail and All will be well. We hold onto the words of the Psalm: ‘Be not afraid, I go before you always. Come follow me and I will give you rest.’
Well, maybe the ‘rest’ isn’t coming right now with the Assembly so close at hand but God is already where we are headed and this is what keeps us going.
And so, in this final bulletin, I want to tell each and everyone of you how much I appreciate all the efforts that each of you have contributed to get to this point.
There are a few last minute reminders:
1) The financial Statements will be sent out this week through you Regional Representatives. If you have any concerns or questions please send them to us through your delegate or to your Regional Representative. We hope to address questions at the Assembly.
2) There is a link to the Assembly Program on our National Website. All delegates and Observers will receive a copy of these in their tote bags. For those of you at home, perhaps you will be closer to us in prayer if you have an idea of what we are doing during the Assembly at any given time.
3) Please, if you are able, bring a symbol that expresses the identity of your community. There is no obligation, but there will be a display table for these.
4) Please email Lois Zachariah pictures of your community in jpeg form so that she can put them into a slide show.
5) Remember to send Chris Butterill copies of your airfare receipts and Expense Claim forms if you are being reimbursed as delegates and/or GC members.
6) Delegates, please remember to bring your loaves and "Lot's Wife" sheets to the Assembly.
I hope that I haven’t forgotten anything. I am deeply grateful to God and each of you for bringing us this far and am like a child full of joyful anticipation at seeing each of you and celebrating this great gift of CLC together!
God Speed and safe travels!