The Ghana Vision Tour group arose early on Sunday morning with thanksgiving and praise in our hearts to God for keeping us throughout the week during our various travels. We are thankful to our host, Dr. Ernest Adu-Gyamfi, President of the Ghana Baptist Convention.
We boarded the bus and headed to the Ghana Baptist Convention headquarters to share the worship experience with our brothers and sisters in Ghana. Reverend Dr. Bartholomew Banks, Reverend Sanford Hayes, Reverend Dr. Alvin Noel and Minister Darrell Williams went to other churches within the Ghana Baptist Convention to share God's Word with various congregations. Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity. (Psalm 133:1).
Our President, Reverend Dr. Samuel Tolbert Jr., delivered a powerful message at Baptist International Worship Centre from I Kings 17:7-16. He selected one of the disciplines of their church, Stewardship, with a focus on generosity. His subject was "Being Generous with the Little That is Left."
- Where ever God directs you, He will provide for you.
- Sometimes it can be a blessing to have less.
- The brook had dried up, the raven had stopped flying, and the woman's husband had died.
- God sent the needy prophet to the needy widow who was obedient and showed generosity by putting God first.
- If you want generosity to come to you, you have to extend generosity, and our source of generosity is God's Word.
- They became partners so God could put generosity in place.
- The widow fed the man of God first, and God blessed the widow.
National Baptist Convention of America and Ghana Baptist Convention have become partners in obedience to show generosity. Our futures are tied together. We must walk by faith and not by sight.
After the message, President Tolbert was presented with a gift from Dr. Ernest Adu-Gyamfi and his wife, First Lady Juliana Adu-Gyamfi.
To God be the Glory for the great things He has done during this 2018 Ghana Vision Tour.
On Behalf of Dr. Barbara Wright
President of Senior Women's Missionary Union
National Baptist Convention of America Int'l, Inc.