ATTENTION: NC SENIOR LIVING ASSOCIATION COVID-19 2nd UPDATE 4/3/20
Below are recent developments regarding COVID-19. Providers are encouraged to check the
NCDHHS COVID-19 webpage
for the latest updates regarding the virus and the state's response.
- More Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) resources - In addition to the PPE information and resources NCSLA sent out earlier today, an NCSLA member recommended another resource, whom they have used and recommend, for N95 and surgical masks.
- According to the supplier, both types of masks are FDA approved. Currently, Production/Delivery time is running 10 to 15 business days and, of course, this can change on a daily basis. Shipping is included in the pricing below to one location. If there is a need to ship to multiple locations, please contact the supplier. Prepayment is required. Supplier contact information is as follows:
- Glenn Rowe, email: email@example.com
- Phone: 434-260-5250
- Cell 434-906-4179
- Earlier Article on PPE - We continue to hear from providers that have run out of or running low on supplies of PPE (masks, gowns, gloves, etc.) that they have contacted their County Emergency Management Agency and have been told the PPE supplies are limited.
- **We encourage members that need PPE to keep checking in with your County Emergency Management Agency on at least a weekly basis to re-emphasize the need for PPE to protect your staff and residents. **
- The COVID-19 Healthcare Coalition for Critical Equipment and Supplies recently provided the following forms (Healthcare Guidance for PPE and PPE Request Process) for providers to use when determining their burn rate of PPE and the request process for PPE. According to the state's Healthcare Coalition for COVID-19, if a long term care facility has a resident with COVID-19 and is at risk of exhausting their supplies of PPE, immediately contact your County Emergency Management Agency, it is imperative that you explicitly communicate this information to the Agency so they can work with their Healthcare Coalition to locate PPE and help get it to your facility.
- **Additional PPE resources - NCSLA has put together a list of vendors that may have PPE available.
- Proforma - Michael S. Prillaman, Proforma Total Print Solutions, 320 Habersham Rd., Ste. 105 • High Point, NC 27260, office 336.841.5292 • cell 336.312-0813 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Medical Supply Solutions - Chad Tart, Sales Manager Medical Supply Solution, Email: email@example.com
919-971-0609 (c), 910-521-5550 (o), 910-521-3335 (f)
- Intalere - Gross Purchasing Organization has a listing of medical suppliers Click Here
- NC Tracks and Billing for Personal Care Services (PCS) - NCSLA received emails and phone calls this morning from providers that were experiencing problems billing and getting paid for Medicaid PCS. NCSLA immediately contacted NC Medicaid who stated they would investigate the situation. As a result, NC Tracks issued the below communication this afternoon:
"Pending PCS Claims Due to System Update -
Apr 3, 2020
NCTracks is aware that claims submitted by Personal Care Services (PCS) providers have pended (or are pending) with Edit 00353, Explanation of Benefits (EOB) 01660 - NO FEE ON FILE FOR PRICING PROVIDER due to a configuration change made in the system last night which will be reset later today. No action is required by providers. These claims will be released and paid later today and will be in the April 7, 2020 checkwrite."
Reducing resident exposure to individuals who are potentially infected with COVID-19 is of paramount importance since our residents are among the highest risk group for infection and mortality from this virus. Thank you and your staff for all you are doing to provide care to our residents during this difficult time in what we all hope will be a temporary event.
If you have questions concerning any aspect of this document, please do not hesitate to contact me at
Jeff Horton, Executive Director