As a reminder, if your situation with dependent day care changes and you need to increase or decrease your contributions, you may be eligible to complete a life event in the Benefits Enrollment System.
Some situations that may qualify:
- Childcare/adult daycare stops
- Childcare/adult daycare starts (such as summer camp or when a parent goes back to work after the birth of a child)
- Childcare/adult daycare costs change
- Your spouse stops working
This life event is intended to allow changes to the DDCFSA as life happens, to avoid over or under contributing into the plan. You have 30 days from the date of an event to make changes to your account. The annual maximum still remains $5,000 per household.
To make changes, log into the Benefits Enrollment Platform
* or contact Benefitfocus at 1-855-859-0966. The "reason for change" would be "Day care change". To learn more about the plan and how to file a claim, visit our FSA Documents page
*When visiting the Benefits Enrollment Platform, choose your location on the left and then log in, or log in from the main page. Your work location may have a Single Sign On to the Benefits Enrollment Platform through your HR portal. If you are not sure or are having trouble, contact your HR office.