The Year Ahead: A Message from NCPMA's President
By Donnie Shelton
We are starting an exciting chapter for NCPMA.
On July 27, I stood with my fellow board members as we kicked off our new terms as the NCPMA board of directors. Although that marked our official first day "on the job," we've already been working together for months to prepare for it. And, I couldn't be more excited about the direction in which we're headed.
NCPMA is a great organization filled with amazing people and has always been a leader in the pest management industry. For nearly 70 years, this organization has provided a strong foundation of support, leadership and training to the pest management industry in North Carolina.
We want that to continue into the next 70 years and beyond. And, we are doing everything we can to ensure that tradition of excellence continues.
As always, this year we'll be focusing on adding value for you, our members, and working to better serve you as an association. Here's just a glimpse of what we have planned.
- Member Outreach: NCPMA has some great programs and benefits available to its members, and we want every member to know what's available to them. We'll be working over the next few months to reach out to current members and provide more information about NCPMA and the events and benefits available to them.
- NCPMA PCT School Mobile App: Our Pest Control Technician's School is our largest event of the year and our longest-running event. For the first time, we'll be offering an app to accompany this event! This app will allow our members and attendees to have up-to-the-minute PCT School information at their fingertips.
- Online Member Hub: One of our biggest goals for 2017-2018 is the expansion of our technological infrastructure so we can reach more of our members by bringing more member benefits directly to them. We'll be launching MyNCPMA, a new members-only website that will serve as a hub for member communication and will house many downloadable member resources.
- Legislative Outreach: We've been working for decades to protect and further our industry through outreach to our General Assembly, and we'll continue to do that with the help of our Public Policy Committee and association lobbyist.
- New Member Recruitment: Our members are the heart of our organization. As an association, we want to continue to grow and reach every pest management company in North Carolina. This year we'll work to directly reach out to pest management companies statewide and encourage them to join our association.
And, let us know if you have any suggestions about how we can better serve you, our members.
It's going to be a great year!