END OF LIFE FOR YOUR SYSTEM?
NEC SV8000 Telephone System will be slated for end of life, now what?
On December 31st, 2019, the NEC SV8000 series product line officially will reach end of product lifecycle.
As announced in NEC’s life cycle document, non-migrated SV8000 customer’s systems would no longer be supported, and would be unable to apply any software updates or feature enhancements and would be unable to purchase additional software or hardware.
Customers that were unable to migrate to the new platform before the end of life cycle date may be wondering what options are available to them to continue to support their existing platform until they are able to migrate to a supported platform.
Good news! NEC has announced a new program to empower remaining SV8000 customers to bridge their manufacturer support and expansion capabilities until December 31st, 2019, as well as leverage new system migration promotional pricing to cost-effectively migrate to a new NEC platform.
The new program consists of:
- New Retired Software Bridge Support Service available until 12/31/2019
- SV8000 Limited Software License Add-On sales extended until 12/31/2019
- New Retired System Migration Promotional Incentives available to SV8000 customers
If your NEC system has not been upgraded to SV9000 series already, get in touch with us now!
Speak to one of our support staff to discuss migration to SV9100 platform or temporary support options for your SV8000 system.
IP VIDEO DOOR-PHONE
To Find Out More Call (800)362-9189
The security that comes with being able to control who comes into your building along with the ability to verbally and visually confirm their identity is immeasurable.
NEC’s IP Video Door-phone
enables you to easily monitor an entrance door or gate and gives you the peace of mind knowing that your facility is more secure. Whether you are a residential or commercial property, the IP Video Door-phone is a cost effective way to screen visitors. When the button on the IP Video Door-phone is pressed, it sends a chime tone to all desktop telephone extensions programmed to receive the notification.
To connect verbally, the called extension user simply lifts the handset. By utilizing either the DR-viewer application installed on their networked PC or an IP telephone with video viewing capabilities, the user is also able to visually see the visitor. Once the visitor has been approved to enter, the user can either press the Recall key on their phone or use the DR-Viewer application on their PC to unlock the entrance door.
Other features includes:
•Enables audio and visual monitoring of doors/gates which increases security on residential or commercial premises
• Allows visual monitoring from any networked PC
• Provides two-way audio communication between visitor at the door/gate and the person(s) assigned to monitor it by simply picking up the handset of their desktop phone
• Enables the ability to remotely control the door/gate
• Eliminates the need for personnel to be physically stationed at the door/gate which improves productivity and frees them up to work on other things
• Speeds response time to visitors, and delivery and service personnel that require access