The IDPA Familiarization Course
Brand new for 2017 is the IDPA Familiarization Course! This one day range training program covers the basics of International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) competition. The course is directed at intermediate shooters who have graduated from Handgun Level I or experienced shooters who have recognized certification of prior formal handgun training.
- Successful completion of HG1, or
- Proof of previous formal handgun training
- Equipment requirements can be found on our website
The course includes:
- IDPA rules, equipment and mindset
- Techniques to improve your speed and accuracy
- How to shoot the Classifier and get your IDPA Classification
- Drawing from concealment for IDPA
- Shooting on the move and reloads
- Use of cover in IDPA, Fun competitions
- ...and much more!!
The International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) is the governing body of a shooting sport that simulates self-defense scenarios and real life encounters. An interested person can spend a minimal amount on equipment and still be competitive. The main goal is to test the skill and ability of the individual, not equipment or gamesmanship