The Ontario government announced nearly all businesses and public spaces will reopen in Stage 3 of the province's reopening framework with public health and workplace safety measures and restrictions in place beginning on Friday, July 17, 2020.
The Chamber is pleased to share that the following businesses can now open, while following the guidelines, when they feel safe to do so:
- Casinos and Charitable Gaming Establishments;
- Convention Centres, Meeting and Event Spaces;
- Facilities for Sports and Recreational Fitness Activities;
- Live Shows, Performing Arts and Movie Theatres;
- Playgrounds and Play Structures;
- Recreational Courses and Instruction;
- Recreational Attractions and Businesses; and
- Restaurants providing indoor dining.
Establishments classified under the following are
yet permitted to reopen:
- Buffet-style food services;
- Dancing at restaurants and bars, other than by performers hired by the establishment following specific requirements;
- Overnight stays at camps for children; and
- Prolonged or deliberate contact while playing sports.
As part of the Stage 3 reopening, Ontario will be increasing gathering limits for those regions entering the next stage to the following:
- Indoor gathering limits will increase to a maximum of 50 people;
- Outdoor gathering limits will increase to a maximum of 100 people;
- Gathering limits are subject to physical distancing requirements.
Public gathering limits apply to indoor and outdoor events, such as community events or gatherings, concerts, live shows, festivals, conferences, sports and recreational fitness activities, fundraisers, fairs, festivals or open houses. A two metre distance must still be maintained at such events. Social circles in all stages at this point will also be kept to a maximum of 10 people province-wide, regardless of stage.
For more information on the restrictions that will remain in place during Stage 3, as well as the public health guidance necessary to keep the people of Ontario safe, visit
For a list of resources, business continuity financial support, or information on health and safety measures for your business or organization, visit