As one of Wisconsin's leading land trusts, the Waukesha County Land Conservancy ensures that our beautiful, high-quality ecosystems, which are increasingly threatened by human development, are protected and stewarded effectively. Our 28-year legacy speaks for itself.
Since 1992, we have protected over 3,000 acres of environmentally significant land and water in Waukesha County. There’s still a great deal of work to be done to protect our natural areas for future generations and we hope that you will continue to support us in this important work.
The Waukesha County Land Conservancy is excited to introduce our
membership program and expanded member benefits which will ensure our high-quality ecosystems remain a vital part of the community.
Your membership will specifically:
- increase our total number of protected preserves using a science-based approach;
- sustain and improve the conservation values of our protected preserves through science-based adaptive restoration and stewardship practices;
- create and operationalize a diversified funding plan to sustain the organization;
- strengthen the organization through expanding and diversifying our board, committees, staff, partners, and volunteers;
- help us achieve organizational excellence and Land Trust Alliance accreditation; and,
- focus our education and outreach on making nature fun and connecting people to the environment.
Without love of the land, conservation lacks meaning or purpose, for only in a deep and inherent feeling for the land, can there be dedication in preserving it. ~Sigurd F. Olson
On behalf of the board of directors and staff, we appreciate your support in helping us continue this important work.
the WCLC team