After extensive thought and discussion, Glen Lake's Market has determined it's in the best long-term interest of our staff and our customers to sell our store. We are excited to announce we have been purchased by Lund Food Holdings, Inc., a local, family-owned company with 27 Lunds & Byerlys grocery stores located throughout the Twin Cities and surrounding area. They have a 75-year history of demonstrated commitment to their employees, customers and the community.
What This Means for You:
- Starting today, we are discounting all of our inventory 15% and will work to sell as much as possible by our close date of September 30, 2015. Lunds & Byerlys will start renovations October 1 with plans to reopen the store in early November. When it opens, the store hours will be 6AM to midnight, 7 days a week.
- We are thankful that all Glen Lake's Market employees have the opportunity to interview with Lunds & Byerlys for a position at this store. It is their desire to hire most, if not all, of our employees.
You can learn more from the news release Lunds & Byerlys submitted to the media this morning by following
to the release on our website.
"While it was a very difficult decision for us to close the store, we couldn't be more pleased that Lunds & Byerlys was willing to purchase it to provide the best long-term benefit for our employees, customers and the community," said Alan Commins, General Manger.
Tres Lund, the president and CEO of Lund Food Holdings, Inc. had this to say, "We look forward to the opportunity to bring our brand of extraordinary food, exceptional service and passionate expertise to those in and around the Glen Lake area in Minnetonka."
does not affect Victoria's Market in Victoria MN.
We appreciate your support since we opened and hope you will continue to support the new store.
About Lund Food Holdings, Inc.:
- Local, family-owned company led by Tres Lund
- Founded in 1939; 27 locations and growing
- Named a Star Tribune Top Workplace in 2014
- Deeply committed to creating a sensational working and shopping experience