This week has been a busy one for teachers connecting with parents for conferences. Tomorrow the school will be closed to give teachers time to complete remaining conferences. Monday will be closed to give the teachers time to regenerate and plan for next week.
Thank you to those who responded to our survey. The deadline was October 13 for requesting to have your child return to in-person learning. If you did not complete the survey, you will have another chance at the end of 2nd quarter to request to come back in the 3rd quarter. I am now in the process of determining whether and in what grades we can accommodate returning students. Some grades will be able to fit more students, but some grades will not. Unfortunately, we may not be able to accept everyone who expressed a desire to return. The safety of the faculty and students are my first priority.
As a reminder from last week, here are some tips for you to prepare in the event that your child can return to in-person learning:
1. Please have your child wear their face mask covering their nose and mouth for the length of the school day (except when eating) to simulate the in-building conditions.
2. At recess students are required to wear masks if they are not maintaining a six-foot distance. Demonstrate at home what ‘six feet’ looks like so they are able to gauge how far to stand from their peers.
3. Review the supply list. Since you are entering school for the first time, we would appreciate your sending the classroom and student supplies from the summer list.
4. Develop the practice of taking your child’s temperature every morning and keeping a chart. You must keep him/her home if they have an elevated, (100 degree) temperature.
5. Please read the Covid School Policies and the Handbook to refresh your memory as to what you are agreeing to when you sign those documents, both located in Digital Academy.
Our safety precautions will continue as long as necessary to keep the faculty and students safe. Thank you for taking the time to meet with your child(ren)’s teachers. Let us continue to pray for each other and for peace in the world!