2019 EPA Laity Academy
Register by Friday, July 19!
The registration deadline for the Eastern PA Conference's 2019 Laity Academy has been extended to a final date of
Friday, July 19
. The Academy planning team encourages more lay and clergy members to register now and take advantage of the largest selection of classes in years, taught by skilled, committed faculty. Anyone who registers after July 19 will not have access to meals or lodging onsite.
When he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, “Put out into deep water, and let down the nets for a catch… “Don’t be afraid; from now on you will fish for people.”
Are you prepared to navigate the
? Our lives and ministries are constantly bombarded by the waves that distract us from our commitment to Christ. When you are asked to Cast Your Net and fish for Disciples, do you know where to start? Do you know what to say?
Come join us at the
2019 EPA Laity Academy
for an exciting weekend of classes, fellowship, worship, entertainment, food and service. Learn how you can Gather Disciples and Grow your Ministries.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Rick Wrisley, Laity Academy Dean, at
We recommend you download the following
for a handy resource explaining the registration process, all courses, and more!
Academy courses include:
- Basic Course – The Journey Begins
- Preaching to be Heard (in English and Spanish)
- Preaching by Number
- Bible Study for 21st Century Learners
- Working With Conflict: Making the Most of Diversity
- Disasters: What’s God Got To Do With It
- Evangelism and Church Growth
- Gaming: Generating Intense Bible Study Games for Adults
- Ministry in the Margins
- Using Technology for Worship: What, Why, When and How
- Maximize your Message and Ministry through Media and Marketing
- Empowering, engaging and nurturing our aging congregations (NEW)
- Prayer Powered Addiction Recovery (PPAR)©
The cost of the 2019 Academy is
. There will be an additional
, and an additional
Making Every Prayer Count
. These additional fees will cover the cost of needed materials.
When you start the online registration, you will be asked to choose between the Standard Registration or the Scholarship Registration. If you select Scholarship Registration, then you will be prompted to upload a completed copy of this scholarship application form:
This year, you have the option to register for a dorm room at Eastern University for an additional cost:
- $75 /person if 3 or 4 in room
- $85 /person if double occupancy
- $100 /person for single occupant