Monday, November 16, 2020, Virginia’s Governor issued a 15 page executive order with new COVID guidelines. On Page 14, food banks is one of the services listed as exempt. For those who have volunteered at the Food Warehouse you know since September we have started to have our clients shop inside with focus on maintaining strict guidelines to protect as much as possible from the virus. We will continue to serve our guests using these guidelines & monitor local cases.
HERE ARE THE GUIDELINES IN WHICH WE OPERATE.
- Clients & Volunteers must wear a face mask
- With appointment scheduling, only 10 clients are allowed every 30 minutes to shop.
- Clients upon entering are asked to use hand sanitizer.
- Volunteers have hand sanitizer readily and encouraged to use it at intervals
- Clients are asked to say 6 feet apart. The floor is marked.
- Chairs where the clients are seated are sprayed with a cleanser the moment they get up.
- Intake stations are cleaned after each client.
- At the end of distribution all handles are cleansed.
With this virus there are no guarantees but the NHN Board feels we are taking every possible step we can to minimize exposure.