On Wednesday, May 22, 2019, NHN participated in the
Bridges Out of Poverty
workshop led by Denny Huff, Director of Bedford Health Community Foundation. This is a program seeking to unite employers, community organizations, churches, law enforcement, counselors, health care & social service providers, and the general public in building an accurate mental model of poverty to effectively address the issues associated with those in poverty.
- Increasing awareness of the differences in economic cultures.
- How these differences affect opportunities for success.
- The hidden rules among classes.
- The role of language and story.
- Building an accurate mental model of poverty.
If you were unable to attend the workshop, another opportunity is being planned for the fall.