Food Kitchens & Warehouse sign up -
Do you have 1 morning a month that you would like to volunteer somewhere?
NHN has spots available in our Madison Heights and Amherst Food Kitchens.
If you have a Wednesday or Thursday open just once a month, we can use your help. Kitchen volunteers work from 9:00 -1:00 and servers from 10:00 - 1:00.
We serve a hot meal each Wednesday at MHBC Food Kitchen & a hot meal each Thursday at Ascension Episcopal Church in Amherst.
Visit our site at
where you can learn about these opportunities & complete a volunteer application. Feel free to message us on our Facebook page if you have any questions.
Let's work together to help our community and neighbors!
- Food Pantry Guest Pick up
- Bake desserts for Food Kitchens
YOUTH GROUPS & CHURCH GROUPS
- Can Drive Follow up - sorting and shelving cans
- Food Pantry Cart Runners (should be at least 16 or accompanied by an adult if under 16).
- Cleaning & stocking post-distribution day. Could be scheduled on Saturday or on the following Monday.
- Collect plastic recycle bags for Food Pantry
- Collect food cans for Food Pantry