After construction operations were canceled last night due to weather, crews will resume scheduled work on the I-64/264 interchange improvements project, as outlined below:
- The outside lanes of I-264 east from Military Highway to Newton Road, also known as the I-264 east collector-distributor road, will be closed from 10 p.m. on Wednesday, July 24, to 5 a.m. on Thursday, July 25.
- Signs will detour traffic from the outside lanes of I-264 east, also known as the I-264 east collector-distributor road, to I-64 east and the Indian River Road exit. Vehicles will be directed back to I-64 west from Indian River Road and to the exit for I-264 east and Newtown Road.
- The ramp from I-64 west to I-264 east will be closed from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. on Thursday, July 25, through Friday, July 26.
The nightly closures will allow crews to safely perform striping and overhang removal work.
- The mainline/inside set of I-264 east from Military Highway to Newtown Road and the I-64 east ramp to I-264 east will be closed from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. from Friday, July 26, through Monday, July 29.
- Traffic will be detoured to the collector-distributor road (outside set) of I-264 east. The flyover ramp (Exit 284A) from I-64 east to I-264 east will also close during this detour, with a diversion to Exit 284B. The I-64 reversible HOV lanes will reverse to westbound as early as 10 p.m. during this detour.
The nightly closures will allow crews to safely perform deck repairs.