NNJC Outdoor Adventure News and Updates
Are you ready to get out of the house and get back outdoors? Summer camp season is right around the corner, and we're planning on having our camps open for an awesome summer! Our camp team at NNJC is closely monitoring and adhering to all CDC and NY/NJ DOH Health and Safety Guidelines. This newsletter is designed to keep our Scouting families updated on the status of our camps as we continue to receive new information. Any additional questions or concerns can be sent to    communications@nnjbsa.org

*If you do not wish to receive this weekly update, please email    communications@nnjbsa.org    and we will remove you from the list of recipients.*
Summer Camp Frequently Asked Questions

We have attended several webinars with the American Camping Association, the N.J/N.Y. Camp Directors Association, the N.J./N.Y. Department of Health as well as the Boy Scouts of America. The CDC and the state health department have not issued guidelines or rules yet, but things will certainly be managed more strictly to protect campers, leaders, and staff.

To operate our camps, we will have to be licensed by the State to operate as well as pass an inspection. Camps are included in phase two of the Federal plan and the State’s plan so we will continue to prepare for camp while monitoring the latest development and keeping you posted.

Currently NNJC is intending on operating all Summer camps. The following questions have been frequently asked by parents and leaders. Please note that these responses are subject to change as we continue to receive new information about the developing situation. 
Medical Exam Exceptions for 2020

We recognize that medical exams may be a barrier to signing up for Summer Camp. We are dedicated to providing our Scouting families with the most current information possible as the COVID situation continues to progress. Click below to see the most recent guidance we have received from the BSA National Office regarding Medical Forms.
Cub Scout Parent Survey
We want to hear from you! If you are the parent/guardian of a Cub Scout, please complete this quick survey about the upcoming Summer Camp season. Your feedback is valuable to us, and helps us develop a thorough plan for conducting camp this year.
Pre-Event Medical Screening 
View the screening tool that can assist leaders in identifying potentially communicable diseases in advance of event participation.
Camp Refunds

We understand that many in our community must make increased considerations with financial commitments.  To help our Scouting families in this time of uncertainty, we have made adjustments to our refund policy.

  • If any of our camps are unable to open this summer, we will issue full refunds on registrations.

  • Should a family pay for camp and then feel uncomfortable sending their Scout to camp, they have have until June 15th, 2020 to notify Ann Murphy at council to receive a 100% refund on fees paid. All refund requests must be made in writing.

  • After June 15th, refer to the Camp's individual leader's guide for their refund policy. A summary of all our camps' refund policies can be found here.

We are hoping our updated policies will help ease any concern or hesitation towards committing to Summer Camp. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to any member of our Camp Department.
Outdoor Adventure Programs:
NEW DATES (newest update in red)
Cub Family Weekends
  • May 2-3 session cancelled
  • May 16-17 session cancelled
  • June 13-14 session cancelled
*If you were registered for these weekends, we can move your reservation to any of the other sessions, or provide a full refund. The re-scheduled dates include:
  • September 12-13
  • October 3-4

Extreme Sports at Camp Turrell: POSTPONED
  • May 30-31 cancelled
  • New date: August 14-16
*If you were registered for this event, we can issue a gift card that can be used for the new date or any other NNJC event. You can also submit a request in writing to Peter Kirk to receive a full refund.

White Water Rafting Prize for 2019 Popcorn Top Selling Units
  • June 12-13 POSTPONED
  • New date: September 18-20
  • More details to come

Weboree 31
  • Postponed to September 25-27
  • Early Bird deadline is August 1st
  • Leader's meeting September 1st
  • Register here

Weekend rentals
  • Weekend camping closed through the end of May

OA Induction Weekends
  • June 12th-14th cancelled
Additional Questions?
Email   communications@nnjbsa.org  with any other questions or concerns, and we will do our best to address it in our next edition.